Happy Late Easter! (And a Recipe, Too)

Hello everyone!

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter! Jordan, Jack, and my day were filled with a lot of rain (thanks a lot, Florida...), but it was also full of laughter, love, and plenty of food. Nothing can get better than that.




And, speaking of food, I wanted to share a quick recipe with you before the day ended. My mother-in-law, Toni, invited everyone over to her mom's house for their annual Easter luncheon. She asked if I could bring a side dish that wasn't green beans. I kind of panicked at first because I love green beans and green bean casserole is, like, my ultimate go-to side dish. 

After, I took a few quick breaths… I came across a carrot recipe from Diet Hood. At first I was a little hesitant to make this because I've never really made carrots as a side before, but y'all... I am not trying to toot my own horn over here, but oh em gee. They were so good. Even a few of the ladies at lunch asked for the recipe. And, I was happy to give it to them because it was easy to remember how to do it. That is a score for me! Also, what says “Easter” more than carrots? Not really anything.

So, without further ado...




Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots

Ingredients:
2 pounds of carrots (washed and cut diagonally about 2-3 inches)
5 tablespoons of butter (I used salted because it's a holiday, duh)
4 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
fresh, chopped parsley for the fireworks at the end

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. 
2. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
3. Cut up the carrots and set them aside, too.
4. Melt the butter and add the garlic for about 3 minutes until lightly browned. Keep an eye on them and stir frequently. The original recipe said to NOT BURN THE GARLIC, and I totally agree. That is the worst. 
5. Toss your carrots in the garlic butter you just created. 
6. Put your carrots with all that delicious, buttery goodness on the cookie sheet in one layer. Try not to crowd them.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Bake in the over for about 22-30 minutes. I set my timer for 22 minutes, but they were still a little firm, so I put them back in for a couple minutes at a time until the fork went through them with ease. 
9. Put them in a cute serving dish and sprinkle your parsley on top (the fireworks).

And there you have it. Literally one of the best side dishes I've ever made. And, we eat a lot of veggies up in my house. My husband even said he wants to have these again for dinner and very soon. Nothing beats that!


I hope you enjoy! Xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs