A Simple Bridal Shower

O.M.G. Our first submitted party! YAY!!!

It came from family, but I am still thrilled about it!

Remember that post a couple weeks ago about my bridal shower invitation inspiration? Well, from that card came a wonderful shower for a special friend. 

My sister-in-law, Annie, and her mom finally threw their long-time friend, Kristin, a bridal shower. I say “finally” because I feel like I have been waiting forever for it!

Before all the guests arrived, I snuck over to take a few pictures and help out just a bit. I love how everything came together. And, I heard through the grapevine that the bride enjoyed everything, too! She even asked Annie if she could borrow some of her décor for her big day in just a few short weeks.

My favorite part of the party? The dining table décor. Annie took a large piece of burlap, cut it up, and turned them into 3 table runners placed horizontally. Then, she placed 3 different white floral arrangements on top. (Be sure to notice the other arrangements around the party. I love them all!)





The food station was loaded full of goodies: chicken salad, croissants, spinach dip, an assortment of crackers, and fresh fruit. But, the thing that caught my eye was those delicious-looking petit fours from a well-known bakery in our town. They dawned the initial of the bride’s soon-to-be new last name.

Because I was a VIP, I got to take a couple of those babies home. Best weekend treat ever.






The living room area was very simply decorated, just how the bride liked it.  The mantle was decorated with a cute burlap banner with matching balloons. She sat next to the mantle to open all of her gifts. I'm sure beautiful photos were taken in this cozy spot.



There was an area for guests to write their best wishes to the bride on a console table. Very accessible for everyone to pen their words.




And, nothing is more personal than this lovely sign Annie dolled up. Those numbers are quickly dwindling away!



Wasn’t this party amazing? Most of the parties that I see on Pinterest can be overly done, and that’s okay! But, if your bride is modest and down-to-Earth, this is a party that works and is wonderful. Great job, Annie!!! Xo

2 comments :

  1. Happy to see these preparations of bridal shower. My friend is planning a spinster’s party for her sister at one of amazing DC wedding venues next week. She is baking cookies and cupcakes by herself. Hope she does all preparations timely.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs