Sister-Friend Valentine-Making Party

(Try saying that five times fast…)

So, we did it. We had our 5th Annual Sister-Friend Valentine-Making Party. And, in my opinion, it was the best one yet!




We munched on yummy pizza and mini cupcakes (and, ice cream cones… oops). We sipped (and gulped) bubbly champagne mixed with delicious juice. We watched a couple of rom-coms (can Britney Spear’s “Crossroads” be considered a romantic comedy?). Then, we got down to business… we made our one true loves homemade Valentines just like every other year.

Now, when I say Valentines, I don’t mean plain, little cards. Our Valentines can take forever to make. But, that’s what makes it fun. It’s a process. One where you cry, curse, laugh, burn your finger skin off with hot glue, and then curse again. And, of course, you smile a lot. Because you are with your best girlfriends… and they happen to be your sisters, too.

This year’s party décor was just regular, Valentine’s Day goodness. Pinks, red, gold, and white did the trick. As I drooled over everyone else’s beautiful modern black and white color schemes, or even teals and purples, on Pinterest, I decided to keep it simple.

And, I think it turned out perfectly.


My absolute favorite part of the décor was the bar cart. I adore our roll-y bar cart more than you can know, but dressed up in all that Valentine’s Day cuteness, it made it so much better.




On the table and the bar cart, I used gorgeous dark pink, red, and white slash red carnations. Everyone always hates on the carnation, but I feel like I always go for these the most in the grocery store. Even my husband commented on how much he liked them. Bizarre.





The XO banners were a DIY I literally did the day of the party. Like thirty minutes before. At home and at school. One of the many, many perks of being a teacher is that you get to use the Ellison machine whenever you want to. Take that doctors and architects.  





I used the 3-inch X and O blocks and found the gold and red glitter paper at Hobby Lobby. Then, I just hot glued them to the gold and white baker’s twine. So easy.

Of course I had to put together a little something, something for my girls. It was pretty inexpensive, but they enjoyed them, and that is all that matters. The pink heart envelope, Hot Tamales, drink coozy, and paper straws all came from the dollar section of Target. I am obsessed with that spot. The chocolate bars were a splurge.  



Even my little dog child got a gift.




Do you have an annual Valentine’s-making party with your favorites? I’d love to hear your ideas below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs