Invitation Inspiration

I find inspiration in so many things. 

But, it usually only takes one thing out of the blue that catches my eye to be totally inspired for an entire party. It allows me to visualize the primary colors I want to use, the food and drinks I want to serve, and even the centerpiece I want to put together to create a beautiful tablescape. Once I have it all planned out in my head that means I get to go shopping. And, isn't that the most exciting part of parties?!?

The one thing inspiring me right now is this bridal shower invitation by Mixbook.



I said it before and I'll say it again... Minted is my first true love of all things stationary. However, because I'm a poor schoolteacher, and my husband is going to college full-time, I am constantly looking for less expensive card and invitation options.

In walks Mixbook. And, ooh, girl... 

The chalkboard background? The ivory, coral, and pink flowers with mint green leaves? The variation of typography? I just die. And, the kicker is, the website always has really good deals, and you can get these as low as $0.86 depending on the quantity you purchase. How amazing! 

So, here is the back-story: 

My sister-in-law, Annie, is throwing a bridal shower for a friend of hers from grade school. One, isn't that so sweet?!? And, two, I love that she is always throwing parties all the time! She asked for a teeny bit of help, so of course, I jumped right in. 

She told me that the bride-to-be is a simple gal and that her wedding is rustic, with lots of burlap, flowers, and muted color tones. That sounds very similar to my wedding. So, it sounds perfectly wonderful to me. 


With an upcoming party, I told Annie that I would find some pictures to send based on the colors in the invite. It's my thing. I just can't help it. 



Pink balloon with gold ribbon bow

Gold spray-painted Ikea frame

Light pink flowers in Mason jar

Mint, pink, and gold dessert table

In a couple of weeks, the bash will go down. And, I can't wait to share the photos with you. It's just too far away!


What do you think about this cute, simple theme? Do you think the bride will love it? Let me know below!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs